Thursday, April 24, 2008

First Munny

I have been watching the kidrobot munny craze thats been happening in awe.
There are alot of really talented artists pumping out some really great toys.
I can't wait to take it to the next level and start making my own toys and models from scratch.
Anyways, here is my first Munny. The theme came from a sketch I drew for my buddy keef. I want to take it further, but I have hit a roadblock with where to take it next.

As far as this one goes, I definitely learned alot. First off this is acrylic, and I was frustrated with the appearance of brush strokes. For my next munny I will water down and thin out the acrylics and see if that gives me a more smooth professional touch.


I also begun on a tuesday and got to this point by a thursday, spending time working on it while at the job. I think I could have benefited from taping off, spending more time on it The eyes frustrated me because I painted over a stencil, and I am not very good at being as precise as I would like.


Note.. I Need to finish the hairline in the back.

Overall I feel pretty positively about this whole experience. I can't wait to come up with my idea for the next one. I am planning on coming up with my own customized stencil mixing skulls and the louis vuitton print. I'll post anything else I do with this munny here soon.
He needs a name.. suggestions? Michael.Knobelsdorf at gmail dot com.

P.S. - The Original Sketch for inspiration.This is generally what I am ging to be working towards.

1 comment:

amberbird said...

As your girlfriend, I highly suggest some kisses.